Monday, April 9, 2012

Planners and Parlors.

When I come to think of it I am surrounded by planners. Ironically, however, the number of planners I have is inversely proportional to how organized I am. My schedules and to-dos always go haywire. There were even occasions when I fail to attend an appointment because I forgot about it, notwithstanding the fact that I wrote about it in a planner.

It's not the planner's fault. It's just that a certain mentality is hardwired into me. In other words, I am a person who finds it difficult to abide by a rigid schedule. However, in my profession a rigid schedule is common, hence the planners. But like some medicine, these planners seem placebo.  In the previous years I buy them because they're cute and not because they really help me with organizing. Later on I buy them and use them so I could look at it and say, "Hey I've got a life."

As a New Year token, my tutee gave me a 2012 planner. It's simple and I am "using" it now. And just recently, a good friend graduated from the Philippine Military Academy and gave me a PMA Bagwis Class planner.


We were classmates in engineering school for a year. On the second year she decided to join the Academy. During that memorable freshmen year she was the crush of almost all boys in our block. When she came back a year after studying in the academy, our boys turned into sissies compared to her.

Suddenly I am reminded of a joke my father used to crack on me. He said when I grow up I should go to PMA. As in Pedicure, Manicure, Alot.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails