Friday, April 27, 2012

Foodtrip, Inc.

In my short stay in Manila I am almost sure that I cannot stand living in this city for good. The noise, the pollution, the hassle and the heat that makes me wonder whether I am in Earth or in the surface of the sun are enough to convince me that nothing beats life in the province.

But one thing can make me stay. It's the food. There are a lot of food in Manila that are not in the provinces ranging from the apparently delicious to the ones you only buy out of curiosity. 

We went to try J.Co Donuts. I have resolved to try them when I read about Jessica Zafra's review of the donuts. My friend said they have great iced choco and that the best tasting donut is Al Capone. Yes they have unique donut names from stars the likes of Drew Berrymore, Berry Spears, etc. No, the book by Suzanne Collins is not part of the order. 


I have longed to try Wendy's because it was endorsed by Regine Velasquez in the '90s. You remember the high pitched "It's the best time for Wendy's?" By the way the fries were excellent and I thought they're going to drown me in sundae.

We also set out to try Yoshinoya, a Japanese restaurant, obviously. Meals come in bento boxes and they offer desserts like green tea flavored ice cream. All of us except one detested the ice cream. They said it was like eating cold wasabe with cream. I thought I was eating algae.


A friend boasted to me the famous Churros at Dulcinea. While eating I remembered Dulcinea is a character of the film adaptation of Don Quixote. Dulcinea del Toboso was played by Vanessa Williams in the Peter Yates film starring John Lithgow as Don Quixote. 


More to come!

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails