Friday, April 27, 2012

First time

It's my first time to experience what they claim as the world's most immersive movie experience. Yes, IMAX Theater. And guess what's on the big screen: The Avengers. 

We had our seats reserved 2 days before the actual showing. That's how eager people want to see the most awaited flick. Seats were sold out and it was my first time to line up in such a long queue. While waiting to get inside I imagined what it would be like. I actually thought I won't have to look at a screen anymore. I just have to put on a headgear that would connect to my brain, manipulate my nervous system and transport me to the movie itself. Hey, I paid 400 pesos. But my companion said it's just like the regular moviehouse except you'd have to put on 3D goggles. "What? The red and blue spectacles? Like the freebie that comes with a can of Nido?" 



Oh, how innocent I was.

While watching the movie I cannot restrain the child in me. I actually tried to grasp the objects in the movie and on several occasions tried to hug Captain America and Thor. Ha ha. Not to mention exerting so much effort to prevent myself from shouting, 'I Love You TONY STARK!" 

Probably because it's my first time, my eyes hurt and I had a headache after watching the movie. I have to constantly position my goggles lest they fall off or improperly oriented. Times like these make me want to question God why he did not wake me up when He was giving people better looking noses. The headache is not a surprise for someone who cannot stand a minute of playing Counterstrike because the graphics and motion makes me want to throw up. Nevertheless, it made me research the characters that make up the Avengers and walked myself to a long history of comic books. My personal favorite is, yes, Tony Stark who without his armor is just a genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist. Robert Downey Jr.'s comedic timing is such a turn-on I tried so hard to restrain myself from shouting.....here I go again. I think I might have to watch it once more this time in 2D. Looking for awesome? Go watch it.




Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails