Saturday, April 14, 2012

Acclimatization and Technohalohalo

I have been to the UP Campus twice before and the surroundings is no longer foreign to me. But this time is different since I have to stay longer. That means I could finally put on my bagpack and guiding stick and proceed with my explorations. 

Because I felt like eating KFC Hotshots I texted my friend (my teacher before) in UP where the nearest KFC store is. It's in Technohub, and he gave me instructions how to get there. I have my own share of bloopers getting there because I have always known how poor a navigator I am. But nevermind, I got there in one piece. I had the opportunity again to visit the place but this time at night and with two of my friends who are having their master's in UP (they were my instructors before, now we're classmates). The place was totally different at night. 


After dinner one of them said we must have halo-halo at Razon's of Guagua which was nearby. He said the halo-halo is famous having been featured in TV magazine shows. 


My first reaction: where's the ube? The sago? The langka? The color? It turned out that the unique thing about this halo-halo is that it doesn't have any of these. There is however, macapuno, ice, milk and a leche flan topping. It was delicious, but all I can taste is the milk. I still prefer the conventional halo-halo which lives up to its name. 

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails