Saturday, September 11, 2010

In search of a clean, well-lighted place in hopes of memorizing the ChE code of ethics

We found ourselves hopping from one coffee shop to another, until we finally settled for Aruma. I refused with the idea of  reading at coffee shops at first, thinking that it was not my idea of a clean, well-lighted place. (I suggested Jollibee, if you must ask. Don't laugh. I'm quite serious.) I found out later that I was right. The lights are not as intense as that in the aforementioned fastfood chain. It's relatively dimmer. However the ambience was infinitely more relaxing and that fact beats everything. 

The deliberate misspelling is ingenious. It almost sounds like the repeated syllables of a Lady Gaga song. The place wasn't so large by the way and that actually makes it homely. There are plenty of magazines (Mostly for men. No. Not anatomy magazines for men. Gadgets, tailored suits, etc. They could also pass for men's interests. Duh.)

We settled for the part beside the wall, where we stood to take the picture above.It is because the couch was more comfortable albeit you want to read intently. Also, the table design is interesting. Look.

I wonder if these are real coffee beans. Nevertheless, I never placed my things on top of it for a while. I took time to revel at the artwork. (For a coffee lover, it is.) But of course we never forgot what we came here for. (No, not the code of ethics.) I ordered an Aruma Jelly Frappe and my friend, Madam, bought me a banoffee pie. Banofee is an apocopation of banana and coffee. True enough, there's banana, coffee and of course chocolate in every bite. 

I would dare to say my sweet tooth was overworked. The pie was too sweet I could become hyperglycemic. I was a little disappointed with the frappe. I couldn't taste the coffee distinctly enough. Later, I realized i should have bought the caramel one. The taste of coffee in here was more pronounced.

What about the code of ethics? Well, I perused the photocopy haphazardly. I never got it all absorbed during the Aruma stay. The experience and the company of my friends was overpowering and in a general sense, more important.

I decided that I would go back. But I would never bring school stuff over.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails