Saturday, July 9, 2011

JanMell Vanity Scripts #03: Boarding House Mishap

One boring night my board mates and I decided we could go for a little drink in one of my board mate’s room. It is spacious and strategically located so as to dissolve the maximum amount of sound waves and muffle our expressions of revelry. It is essentially, a noise-cancelling room. Since I just got paid, I bought the booze and let the drinking roll. By the time it’s over (the drinking and the frustration soliloquys), we helped one of my board mates get up the stairs to his bedroom. I had an initial feeling that it wasn’t a good idea but since my claim to fame is the ability to tame the alcohol in me, I felt responsible to help. Next thing I learned, I slipped and hit my head on cold, hard concrete, holding it in agony and panic. Immediately, I checked my senses-- I still knew that I should use an integral and not a differential to solve for the area under a curve, I still memorized Shakespeare’s sonnet 116 and I still had the same crush. It gave me a headache but it wasn’t probably that serious due in part to the cushion provided by my big hair. Up to know, though, I am still giving myself tests to find out if there has been any  damage brought by the unfortunate incident.

Lessons of the Story:
1. I cannot tame the effects of alcohol. It’s too wild.
2. Drunk men helping another are like blind men leading another blind man. They all land on a ditch. In our case, I fell off the stairs.
3. Stay away from alcohol. It can kill your worms but it can cause brain damage.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails