Thursday, June 2, 2011

Breezy evening fix at the famous Dipolog City boulevard...

is another way to say that on one evening, I went to the Kultura exhibit where artworks of several Dipolognon artists were on display. Of course, Lea Abigail Prima's work was there. This time, the paintings revealed something quite familiar. No, it was too familiar. When the stupidity faded away, I realized it was Lea herself that Lea had drawn. 

This piece is entitled 'Baguio Morning Fix." A very apt one. I didn't know she had a cat in Baguio. The other painting on display was evidently ethnic, something characteristic of Lea's works. It was entitled " Bali in my Dreams."


I insist that I am not in this picture. Anyway, it was a good way to spend a balmy evening. I felt so affiliated with the arts. Dipolog should encourage the local arts to flourish. With gifted artists like Lea, prominence in the field might just be a stone's throw way. Plus, Dipolognons can have access to real artworks and art appreciation, something necessary for a cultural well-being.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails