Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Major major achievement. Bongga Itech!!

I have always thought that ever since I left Dipolog City to study in Iligan, I have never acquired something newsworthy. It was the opposite for my high school classmates. News always reaches me that one of my high school peers was either given a big singing break or won the lottery. Ha ha.

Recently, a headline in the Philippine Daily Inquirer caught my attention.  It said something about Dipolog women. Interested with having to do with Dipolog, I read the full article and wapak!! My friend Talong's (who graduated from UP College of Fine Arts) artworks will be featured in Europe. For the full story, click here.

That's Europe, everyone.

Talong is already a brilliant painter back in high school, winning National Competitions with her unique way of mixing colors. Her artworks are always colorful and back then she always has the knack for portraying lives of the natives. Since we entered college, her pieces had become a favorite among local art displays in DIpolog City and everytime I go to one in the rare moments that I am able to come home, I always look for Talong's work.

This is one of Talong's paintings in an exhibit in Dipolog City. Unfortunately, I forgot the title. Calling Talong, maybe you can help me with this.

By the way, the other Prima is her mom. This is a situation where mother and daughter are both proud of each other.

Kudos to all of you. You make us Dipolognons proud.

Lea's profile is here.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails